Today is New Years Eve. I have already been seeing people posting what they are thankful for this past year or how it was a good or bad year. Thinking about it, I have had a wonderful year. I have so much to be grateful for. I don’t wait until the end of the year to reflect on it though or say thank you.
I have had this little thing happen the last year or so. I see 11:11 or 1:11 A LOT. I can’t answer why I see it so much. Maybe my brain is accustomed to the rhythm and patterns of the numbers or as some believe it has a spiritual or mystical meaning. I don’t know for sure. But when I see it, I always say thank you. Thank you to something Universal, something bigger than myself. Maybe it is to my Dad and Grandma who I hope are watching over me. Maybe it is to that higher power, not a God per se, but a force something that unites us all. No matter what, I say thank you for my life.
I also belong to a site called happyrambles where everyday I post what I am grateful for that day. No one else sees it, but I can go back and look at past days to see what I said.
Today, I am grateful to live in this amazing city, Los Angeles. I haven’t even touched the surface of all she has to offer, but I look forward to the journey.
This last year, I am so grateful for:
- being in recovery from an eating disorder
- having an amazing solo show in May.
- becoming a performance artist and shaving my head.
- Having a little money in my bank account.
- paying off a couple of bills
- creating my immersive virtual installation in Second Life
- selling some paintings
- meeting some wonderful new people who have become friends
- and having such amazing friends in my life
- publishing a 2nd book
- dancing for the first time in years
- being in this moment in time, living the life I lead and being the woman I am today
- new possibilities
Thank you all so much for your love and support!! Cheers to an exciting and beautiful new year!!!